Silverlon Elastic Burn Wrap 4"
Product No. #03805
This product cannot be shipped outside the United States (except APO/FPO addresses)
The Silverlon® Burn Wrap is a broad spectrum 7 day use antimicrobial barrier dressing. The surface of the nylon-based dressing is plated with pure metallic silver, which is the source of the antimicrobial silver ion. The silver ions disassociate from the surface of the dressing in the presence of moisture. Silver ion release rates are maintained by maintaining the moisture content of the burn and wound dressing.
The Silverlon® Burn Wrap is similar to the Silverlon® Burn Contact Dressing with the exception that the product is cut in rolls.
4" x 66"
- Designed for use over large and contoured areas.
- For use over partial to full thickness burns, grafts, and donor sites
· Offers greater coverage in an easy to apply wrap format
FDA Approved Indications:
- Partial and Full-thickness Wounds
- Donor and Graft Sites
- 1st and 2nd Degree Burns
- Acute Wounds
- Traumatic Wounds
- Surgical Wounds
- Dehisced Wounds
- Pressure Ulcers
- Diabetic Ulcers
- Venous Ulcers
Guidelines for Use:
- All Silverlon® Wound and Burn Dressings are designed for up to 7 day use. Where protocols dictate more frequent wound inspection, the dressings may be taken down daily and Silverlon® reapplied by rinsing the surface of the dressing with sterile water to remove excess exudate and cellular debris.
- Wet dressing with sterile or clean water.
- Apply directly to the wound bed overlapping the wound margins by 1 to 2 cm. Avoid use of petroleum based ointments or creams under the Silverlon® dressing.
- Optimal silver ion release rates from the surface of the Silverlon® dressing is achieved by keeping the Silverlon® dressing moist and free from excessive exudate buildup. Periodically check the edges of the dressing to insure that proper moisture levels are being maintained. Add water when necessary.
- Cover the Silverlon® burn dressing with a secondary dressing of choice.
- Caution: Remove Silverlon® prior to MRI procedures. The Silverlon® burn dressing may be reapplied if it is not covered with excessive exudate or cellular debris. Rinse as necessary to remove exudate and reapply.
- When removing the Silverlon® burn dressing, check to see if it is dry or is sticking to the wound bed. If sticking occurs, saturate the dressing with water and wait until it can be easily removed by gently lifting the corners.
Recommended products for you