The NAR C-A-T® is a true one-handed tourniquet proven to be 100% effective by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research. Tests proved that the C-A-T® completely occluded blood flow of an extremity in the event of a traumatic wound with significant hemorrhage.
The C-A-T® utilizes a durable windlass system with a free-moving internal band providing true circumferential pressure to the extremity. Once adequately tightened, bleeding will cease and the windlass is locked into place. A Hook and Loop strap is then applied, securing the windlass to maintain pressure during casualty evacuation. The C-A-T®’s unique dual securing system avoids the use of screws and clips which can become difficult to operate under survival stress or where fine motor skills are compromised.
* Windlass rod is twice as strong as before with an increased diameter and improved grip
* Reinforced windlass clip & highly visible security tab includes a writeable area to record the time of application
* Featuring NAR's Red Tip Technology™ with a red elliptical tip to assist user in locating and threading during application
* Awarded as one of the “Top 10 Greatest Inventions” by the U.S. Army
* Official Tourniquet of the U.S. Army
* Used by both conventional and Special Operation forces
* Proven to be 100% effective in occluding blood flow in both upper & lower extremities by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research
* True, one-handed application tourniquet
* Quickly controls life-threatening extremity bleeding
* Recommended by the Committee on Tactical Combat Casualty Care
* Designed to perform in all weather conditions
* Small and cost-effective
Source of product images, video and description is courtesy of North American Rescue LLC narescue.com.