Water-Jel Burn Dressing - 4"x4" Tactical
Product No. #03643
This product cannot be shipped outside the United States (except APO/FPO addresses)
Stops burn progression, cools the skin, eases pain and protects against airborne contamination. Gel-soaked, sterile dressing.
When a burn occurs, seconds count! Burn injuries should be cooled immediately, otherwise the heat will continue to destroy the surrounding and underlying tissue, and may progress a partial thickness (second degree) burn into a full thickness (third degree) burn injury. This, in turn, will present serious consequences for the patient and considerable extra cost for the receiving hospital/burn unit.
CRITICAL STEPS TO TREAT A BURN:
1. Immediately stop the burning process—seconds count!
2. Cool the burn—don’t overcool the victim.
3. Provide pain relief.
4. Cover and protect the burn area against contamination.
COOLING BURNS THE RIGHT WAY
Water-Jel Burn Dressings are a gelatinized water mix designed to perform the four critical steps for burn management in one application. Because of their gelatinous nature, they seal the burn from further contamination, they cool the burn site and relieve pain by heat transfer into themselves, and the fluids on the burn site cannot soak into the dressing nor can they evaporate through them. And finally, as the burn site cools down, the dressing warms up, leaving the site covered by a warm dressing, helping to prevent hypothermia.
Water-Jel Burn Dressings will absorb temperatures in excess of 2000 degrees F—extremely important when you consider that human bone carbonizes at 1400 degrees F and other dressings could melt into the site. With Water-Jel, there is plenty of extra gel to use on any hyperemic or stasis sites surrounding the main burn, and the gel can be left on for more than four hours.
- Provides controlled cooling by convection, not evaporation
- Acts as a heat exchanger
- Absorbs heat throughout the gel contact area
- Conforms to the burn surface, providing total cooling contact
- Does not affect core body temperature or contribute to hypothermia
BENEFITS OF WATER-JEL
- Stops the burning process
- Portable—on the scene—when seconds count!
- Cools the burn, dissipates heat
- Provides pain relief
- Easy to use
- Evaporates slowly
- Use on any burn
- Non-adherent, easy to remove
- Covers and protects against contamination
- Helps prevent infection
- Won’t irritate the eyes, nose or mouth
Dimensions: 4" x 4"
Recommended products for you